Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Stress Free is Style Rich

We are all searching for ways to decompress, to relax, to feel "better".  I don't care how attractive or stylish someone is, if that person is visibly carrying around a boat load of stress, it isn't pretty.  I am here to give you my top ways to help you lessen the stress and magnify the beautiful YOU!  Happy styling!

1. A Scalp Massager
I found this little gem while Christmas shopping this past year.  Sure, I had heard of those weird looking head things that were supposed to feel so great, but never gave trying or buying one a second thought...well, let me tell you...IT IS FABULOUS!  I purchased one online for a few bucks because I was looking for some unique items for my husband's stocking and this popped up in front of me so I gave it a whirl.  It is magical.  When I have a headache, it helps.  Just trying to relax before bed, it helps.  Had a bad day, it helps.  I think everyone should have one of these in every room and in every purse.  Run out and get one!

2. A Relaxing Face Mask
Once a week I treat myself to one of these and while it's softening and deep cleaning my skin, I take the 10-15 minutes to put my feet up and enjoy the cooling feeling soaking into my face.  I had been regularly using a fruit based peel off mask until I recently got a sample of the Borghese facial mask in my Birchbox a few months ago.   (Birchbox is a monthly beauty sample subscription service).  In the winter months I have fairly dry, sensitive skin that can look irritated when I use stronger products.  This mask instantly smoothed and calmed my skin.  It's a cream style that easily washes away with a warm washcloth.  For an added fun factor, it goes on blue!

3. Hot/Cold Eye Pack
I bought this little item looking for relief from sinus pressure and pain that especially flares for me in the cold winter months.  There is a removable pack inside that can either be chilled in the fridge or heated in the microwave  (just don't heat more than 30 seconds at a time, as it does get very hot very quickly).  I found that it not only relieves sinus pain, but also feels very relaxing to use during your face mask time and also helps decrease any puffiness under and around the eye that we all get...right?!?!  That's not just me, right?

4. Foot Bath
Now you don't need  and actual foot bath to get the same results, but they are kind of great.  They seem to be everywhere during holiday time like this is the gift you resort to when all other ideas have failed.  Well, I did just that one year for my husband (poor guy).  I try to stay warm and cozy inside during the winter months, but it is especially wonderful after being out playing in the cold snow.  Soak away, then slather on some good foot moisturizer (I like Ahava Mineral Foot Cream) and some fuzzy socks and your feet will be brand new!
















5. Bath
I just love a good bath.  Honestly, I have rarely had a bad bath.  Of course what I use in my bath as far as bubbles, oils, salts etc., makes a big difference.  I am always experimenting.  I always use some kind of oil during the last 5-10 minutes of my bath (sometimes for the whole bath...I tend to soak for 20-30 minutes).  Lately, I have been really liking Avon's Skin So Soft oil.  It really does help my dry skin.  Sometimes I use baby oil instead.  The most fun discovery I have recently become obsessed with, however, are bath bombs.  They are so cool!  There are a multitude of great scents out there and bombs that release various luxurious treasure in your water as they dissolve.  I have had a few that released oils and another that released flower petal pieces!  Some are even fun shapes like ice cream scoops or cupcakes.  How cute!  

No comments:

Post a Comment